Friday, December 23, 2005

Hanna

The news is in - we are the proud almost parents of an almost baby girl, which we plan to call Hanna! The ETA is still around the 26th March, currently weighs about 950 gramms, and is 31 cm long / tall (well actually she's all crunched up at the moment so how the doctors know this I just don't know!). We even got to see some arm and leg movement, and she opened her mouth as well - all very cool - but bodes bad for daddy (open mouth already - not even born!).

On the picture you can see the head, eyes, nose and part of the body, the round bright bit between body and head is the knee, the black hole on the right side is some sort of internal organ. According to the doctor every thing is there, all within normal measurements and there are no problems.

I must congratulate my wonderful wife, who except for a few teary outbursts, has been great. She is having the normal weight that you must have at this stage, does not have any cravings or major mood swings - every thing seems to be going well.....

....but some people have told me, great pregancy, difficult child .... I hope we are the exceptions to this rule :)

So, although I was personally rooting for a wee ladie, I'm very excited non-the-less!

Hope you are all well,

Richard.

P.S: Tomorrow I'll post an interesting experience that happened to Christine and I on the way home from Franks this evening!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, now we're never going to hear the end of baby stories. Baby-did-this, baby-did-that. What did you do with the real Richard? :-)

Naturally, I can see nothing on the scan. Looks like a blur. I can't find the head, body, knee, missing internal organs or immense brain for orienteering. Are you sure you posted the correct picture?

Anyway, happy christmas to both (all three?) of you and the entire Muller family.

Anonymous said...

Dion says:
Mr. L you have a lot to learn, I can see it all. (But than I do have a pregnant lady here at the office) and she is looking good... Now Christine, it's time you started your cravings, and I would surgest cravings of Gold and Diamands!!! food cravings just go in one way and out the other, and it they don't go out, they sit on the hips and are impossible to get rid of!!!where as "Diamands are forever"

just thing, that was the last Christmas as a family of two... I hope you enjoyed it.

you had better start saving for next years...

Dion

Anonymous said...

See Richard, we do read it! Although you better not be thinking this means you don't have to communicate in other ways - I don't want to hear about Hanna's birth 2 weeks later because I forgot to check the blog! :-)

When do we get to see some pics of Christine with this supposedly huge bump?

Michelle