Well, the first X-country of the season has been run. Tragical as it may sound - it will probably be the only X-Country this year! It's the traditional Weissbach Fackellauf (which means torch run) and is special as it is run in the late afternoon (about 5:30 pm) when it is already dark, and the way is marked by burning torches.
This year at least the torches managed to hold out the entire evening, I have run this race 6 times in the last 9 winters and sometimes we have run completely in the dark... It was nice to see the regular crowd out again, and although my time this year (21:34) was not as good as last year (21:20) I was happy because I wasn't lapped by the winner (same guy both years!) The course is 5,5 km long and is run on a loop of about 1,1 km.
This year we were hampered by black ice, which made the footing very slippery and a lot tougher than normal. As orienteers these sort of conditions are perfect for us and of the 4 classes we entered (Askö Henndorf), we won 2 and had 2 second places - all in all a great result.
As to the rest of the week - well - not really much too add. I have been trying my hardest to get the company up and running correctly but we are hampered at the moment due to a few financial problems that we hadn't foreseen. Christine is been having a boring time at work over the last few weeks so she has been helping me with some chores that I can use to help the company. Keep your fingers crossed, it looks like we might finally be on the right track.
And that is news for this week,
Hope you are all well,
Kind regards from a very chilly Henndorf,
Richard.
No comments:
Post a Comment