Sunday, December 18, 2005

More family visits!

Well, at Christmas time it's always about visiting family. I was off to visit Claire this week - a real whisle stop, flying out from Munich at 11h45 Wednesday, getting to Gatwick at 12h45, picked up by Claire, went for a nice lunch in one of her new favourite resturants, went to the hardware shop to get the stuff I would need to hanging up in the house, went back to Claire's place....

Wow, really nice house. 3 stories, nicely laid out and well proportioned - I really liked it! It even has a small garden, but I couldn't find any tools to do some gardening....I'm sure Gavin will get to it soon! Naja, probably not if I know Gavin, but anyway very nice place.

We then had a talk about where everything needs to go, and that brought us to a small dinner, followed by TV as Claire didn't want me to do any banging on the walls due to the next door family being a young one with babies! I woke early on Thursday and spent the morning doing all the handy man work around the house. Quick lunch and then a walk to the shops so that I could get some shopping (had a list from Christine). Wait for the taxi to Gatwick and fly back at 19h00, arriving in Munich at 22h00.

Everything was OK until then, but then I had to drive home in really heavy weather. The wind was blowing hard, and snow was coming, and I was tired! I made it however, back home 40 hours after I left - whew what a quick visit!

So hope you are all well,
Richard.

p.s. Have posted some pictures in the posts of Christine below....check them out!

No comments: