Well, finally it has happened - Hanna hast started her athletics career. Some would say she's a bit young, and some would indicate that we are starting her late :) - but all career's must start somewhere and somehow and so yesterday Hanna began her long trip towards stardom by being a spectator at a Cross Country race!We, the Euro Gathers, went to watch the Austrian Cross Country championships on Sunday. It was lovely weather, a bit of chilly wind but otherwise it was nice and sunny. It was our first outing together and both Christine and I enjoyed it very much. We KNOW Aisha had a good time, we are just not so sure about Hanna. She seemed quiet most of the time and didn't complain to loudly, so we are just going to assume it!
Christian (the lad I train) had a really good run, moving up the field to finish eventually 11th overall. This is a marked improvement on his results since 2003 and he is still the youngest in his Category. Hopefully next year he will improve some more! The course was OK, just a bit flat for my liking, but it had one or two interesting obstacles to make the course more challenging. I guess the mud added to the race character, and it was good to see the athletes with power coming through towards the end of the races.I hope that I will be able to run next year!
Anyway, hope you are all well,
Richard.
1 comment:
looks like she is a sweetie! Glad you are enjoying her...
Post a Comment