Monday, March 27, 2006

Man, is Richi a fat, slow slob or.....

Hi, another weekend come and gone! Hanna has just had her 3rd birthweek and is gaining weight daily, which is great! Unfortunately she is turning into a screamer / moaner, which means we are getting very little sleep, and are starting to feel the effects of it. Hopefully her stomach problems will quieten down a little bit over the next few days, and we will get a little more rest.

The weekend saw Aisha and me taking part in our first 10 KM for quire some time (see picture for Richi's fat layer). My plan was to run a 40 minute time and until about 7 km I was right on track! However at this stage my running partner packed it in :( - even taking her off the lead had no effect, after 50 meteres she was 30 behind. So a quick stop and then we continued on at about 5 minute pace. Still I ended up with a 42 high time, which was (due to the circumstances) not bad. On Sunday I am taking part in the Austrian Championships in 10 km on the road. I'll try for a sub-40 min then. This time there will be no Aisha :)

Other than that we had a fairly relaxed weekend. Visited with Omi and Opi on Sunday and generally tried to relax and catch up on some sleep (no chance). The snow has finally started to melt around here, and today we have perfect weather (20 +) and blue skies. I'll be heading off to the track later for some 400m intervals! Might as well use the oppertunity while you have it.

The new English teaching work is going well! My work load continues to increase and this week I have some 20 lectures. I expect that by the end of April I'll be doing about 40 to 50 a week! This should bring in some income and keep us going for a while!

Anyway, hope you are all well,
All the very best from the 4 of us!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing like a couple of 400m intervals to get the legs turning. Maybe you need to take Aisha to the track for the intervals!!! Does she loss her fitness faster than you? Or does she normally struggle to run a 40min 10km?

I wish you well for you race next week, I ran a 10 last week and ran my best time in 2 years 33:20, so I think if things go well I might look to break 33 by years end.

I take it that with Hanna on the seen your running is going to take a bit of a back seat. you will have to get a baby jogger and then your really get strong, who know maybe Hanna could run she first sub 40 at next years champs!!!

DION

Unknown said...

No, Aisha doesn't lose her fitness faster than me, she could run 3, 4 or 5 hours no problem. It's the speed that gets her. 5 min / km is no problem, 4 is a struggle any faster and she dies sooner!

Unfortunately dogs are not allowed on the track otherwise I would take her :) But thems the breaks! I'll take her cycling a few times in summer - that should get her a bit faster!

400m was great, I got my last one down to 74 s! (87, 84, 82, 82, 82, 81, 80, 79, 76, 74) not a bad session!

Keep well D!

Anonymous said...

With a 400 session like that you could aim at 38:00.

Good luck in getting Aisha up to speed for a sub 40, keep me informed as to when you will take her out for another go. Maybe the way to do it is by running fatlek!!! She really fit and has good short distance speed, so why not? would it work?

another question, what are your athletes aiming at? Let me know how it goes.

I've got a long run tonight and 400's tomorrow, but I might change that and do hills... Yesterday's 1000's (on the road at Boshoff) were a little slower than last week.

DION