Friday, March 10, 2006

Salzburg Championships in "Running in the Slush!"

Well, it has been a long time since I actually posted anything on the blog, and now I have piles of information...so you will all have lots to read :)

Saturday the 4th of March saw two great things happen, the first was (we did not realise it) that Christine went into labour at around 6 am Saturday morning, and spent the entire day complaining about a funny feeling in her stomach. As we were not really sure what that could be, and also as Hanna was only due in three weeks, we really didn't think about it and continued the day as normal.

The second was the running of the Salzburg Cross Country championships! It was run on snow and ice which made running almost impossible and very slippery. I entered the long race myself, in the hope that my winter training regime of LSD would carry the day - no such luck - I was last but for three others :( I did however quite enjoy the run and I had a major disadvantage. In true Gathercole style I decided to run the course without spikes (i.e. just normal shoes!) Boy was that a mistake. I recon I was losing about 20 s a lap, and I got tired much quicker.

However the rest of the boys were good! Christian won his class, and Felix was 5th in his class (despite being sick). My results paled in comparision for what was about to happen!

I'll post some photies later!
R.

No comments: