Sunday, January 29, 2006

Walking on (frozen) water ...

Today was a wonderful, sunny winter day. I decided that on such a beautiful day, one has to go outside - even if it is freezing cold! Aisha and I walked to and on the lake. It was like in a fairy tale: lots of kids and adults on ice skates and playing ice hockey. The local bakery was selling Glühwein and hot food. Edith skated all across the lake to the other side and back. Well, it was just great!

Other than that there is not much to report. I did my weekly swimming "exercise" and we also received Hanna's pram. It's red and looks super fast - just like a Ferrari ;-).

Enjoy the rest of the weekend and of course the coming week!
Christine

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK so it's cold in Europe, but here in Cape Town the Sun dtill shines and they said the Temp was to reach 34. I was outside at lunch and I didn't think it was that hot, there are even clouds and I mean Clouds not smoke. although I hear there is another fire, this time over by Hout Bay. It's good to here you are still Swimming, so are we. Dawn swims almost a 1km every day, she's gone mad, and I'm still mad.

I love the sound of a frozen lake, and that picture looks Romantic all you need is that gluhwein you talk about.

If you guys won't freeze, we won't melt, Keep Warm.
DION

Anonymous said...

I bet the Ferrari pram was Richards Idea, it's probably the closest he'll ever get to one...