Wednesday, January 18, 2006

New lifestyle

The last couple of weeks my life changed somewhat: I stopped working. I know most of you now think - what a lucky girl - don't worry I know I am ... :-). However, in the beginning it was not so easy to switch from working mode (getting up when the alarm goes off, having a quick bite for breakfast etc ...) into non working mode. I had all this time and of course also want to use it as I knew, once Hanna is here, I won't have much time for myself. So I was in a bit of a conflict of desperately trying to get all those things done and also trying to enjoy life, i.e. getting up late, reading and also sometimes just being lacy :-). I am getting used to the new daily routine and I must say I learned to enjoy it and also learnt how to use all the free time in an efficient but non stressful way.

Next to being lacy, I also have been giving extra lessons to students. I had 2 groups of 18 year old girls, which I was helping preparing for their bookkeeping test and also a 16 year old boy, who was desperately trying to pass this term in English. As my bookkeeping lessons have been a while ago, I had to prepare myself well for the lessons and I have to admit I really enjoyed the preperation and also the teaching part. I am also quite proud that 4 of the 5 girls did well in the test. Also the boy wrote a good enough test and will pass. All this made me think that teaching is actually quite an enjoyable thing to do and now I am thinking about whether to start teaching next September. I will have to think about it carefully and also I am sure it will take me a while to decide. However, I will keep you informed ...

Well, I wish you all a nice week - both at work and in your free time!
Have a great day!
Christine

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's definately something about a lacy girl that drives boys wild. :-) Lazy girls on the other hand are far less attractive.

However, since this is probably your only time to yourself for the next 20 years or so ... enjoy it!