Hi,
Hope everybody is well! Isn't it amazing, the first week of 2006 has already whipped past and I sit here wondering what happened to it! I wanted to write a short post about the race on silvester, but never got round to it, but at least I did manage to get the Christmas email out, and now I'll follow up with the race post.
The race on silvester was interesting in two ways! The first is, running with Asiha makes you the target of various unpleasant / pleasant /stupid / pointless remarks, like "can I borrow her for this race", "thats not fair", "gee, I wish I had such a dog", "stop cheating", "can she run fast" - the list is endless. It always tends to aggrevate me no end. Firstly, she is my dog, and she trains with me 10 hours a week, if anybody else whats to run with her, then they can come and pick her up and do the training - there are never any takers. Secondly, none of the people I overtake would be able to keep up with her anyway. Thirdly, after about 2 km's of mad pulling and pushing she runs out of energy and plods along sedately next to me, continually getting slower and slower until it turns into a drag!
I have unfortunately failed to understand this. We can do a three hour long run on Sunday, where she runs around like crazy, goes hunting after deer at back breaking speed, runs circles around me and the training buddies and never seems to get tired, but put her on the lead for 5 km's and after 2 she's plodding and after 4 I'm dragging - go figure!
The second interesting point about the race was my pleasant surprize at the relatively (not for Dion standards I mean) good time, considering I had been under the weather Monday / Tuesday / Wednesday. Additionally the number of people I beat, who did a double take when I ran past them :) I always like to do it that way - start slow and get faster! It seems I'm a little fitter than I have been for a while - great!
Other news is that Christine and I took this week more as a holiday - so not much work was done (is it ever?) and now I'm getting ready for those Monday morning blues tomorrow. Naja, got to get the ball rolling! So I hope you all have a great week,
Richard.
1 comment:
It's good to how that you are running well, it's so often that we line up for a race and after a hard run all has gone wrong, so here is to the races that go well. Let's hope that the new year has lots of them install for us. I ran a relay on Saturday and it didn't go all that well,(for me that is). our team still did really well, but I was left tp run the leg on the beach and I didn't go all that well. or the tide dropped a lot by the time the other guys ran...
I'll leave you to run with Asiha, I used to take tumbles (Mary's dog) for a couple of runs when I was visiting, and it's hard work. I also found that they (dogs) go out fast and struggle on the way back. Look at that I have work to do, chat later in the week...
DION
Post a Comment