Sunday, September 10, 2006

Where does the time go...

Things have been moving along very quickly over the last 2 weeks. My "unofficial" job has been largely about reading and trying software out, which I am beginning to get to grips with. The job itself is quite interesting and I was in Germany last week to meet up with one or two colleagues and to get to grips with the new project we will be doing. It seems very ambious and I'm looking forward to it.

At the same time I was in Germany, Christine was finding out that she has got a new job. It all happened very quickly and I'll leave her to tell you about it :) Now the hard part starts - handling Hanna while Mom is working, although she only has 7 lessons a week, and on 3 days only - so all in all a great deal.

Hanna has been her normal self. Although Christine thinks she does a normal amount of screaming, I'm not so sure. She screams an awful lot, she starts immediately once left alone, or getting tired, so she really needs 24/7 looking after, which can get VERY stressful. Other than that she's a joy, seems to be growing every day, not only in size, but also in intelligence and cuteness.

So what else have we been up to? Well we decided that we would skip the OL this weekend as it was just too far to travel. I mean 4 to 5 hours driving on Sat and Sun for two races, without family OK, but with Hanna - FORGET it! However as it turned out we still ended up driving half way across Austria.

Our good friend Eva, who has just finished her 2nd degree, was celebrating her 30th birthday and we had decided to go to Wien (Vienna) earlier in the week. Added to this, during the last week, and thru LinkedIn, I have re-established contact with Björn Weindorfer, who now lives with his wife Sally and kids Ingrid and Eric in Mödling (close to Wien). Björn is an old school friend and Uni buddy who I haven't seen probably since those times. We were able to arrange a time for us to meet up again and we were really looking forward to it.

So I arrived back in Salzburg at lunch on Friday from Germany, however we were not able to leave immediately as Christine had to go to the teachers conference at 16h00. We ended up leaving at 18h00 and although I tried to push the pace, my navigational skills left me completely in Wien and we droaroundund for almost 60 minutes before we found the party location. It was great to see Alex and Eva and all our Wien friends again, and the party was great. We managed to get into bed at around 1 o'clock.

We were awake quite late on Saturday and after saying good bye to Alex and Eva, found out that my OL skills were still in Salzburg as we drove around trying to get out of Wien. AND THEN we got lost on the way to Björn as well, so we ended up being really late :( It was great to meet up with him again and meet his family. We had a fantastic brunch up in the hills around Mödling and spent quite a few hours just catching up - we look forward to their visit, hopefully later this year.

We then headed back to Henndorf and had a quite evening at home. Today I was out at the Wallerseelauf to support the boys and Veronika (see report sportblog) and afterwards we had a great braai with Gitte and Arthur. The weather was fantastic!!

And so that my family and friends, is my news,
Richard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the great braai yesterday, mister braai-man !! you did a great job !!cu soon