Monday, September 18, 2006

Teaching and Orienteering

Well, since a week I am back at work. Although I have been working for a while before Hanna was born, work now is something quite new for me, as I started to teach. As I have a half time position I am at school only twice a week - on Mondays and Wednesdays. I think it is great - preparation and correction work I can do at home and therefore can still spend a lot of time with Hanna. I teach accounting and business administration in form 1 and 2, which means 15 and 16 year olds. The one class has 35 pupils and teaching such a big croud of 15 year old teenagers is quite a challange but so far they have been great.

Last weekend we have been to Tirol to run the Austrian Relay Championships in Imst and an Austrian Ranking competiontion in Haiming. Both maps were great and both physically and technically very demanding. At the relay champs I ran in the 2nd womens team for Henndorf together with 2 juniors. I ran the first leg and handed over in 2nd position quite a while behind our first team. The 2 girls, Anna and Elisa, did a great job and we ended up in 3rd place. Congratulation to them on running so well in that demanding area.
On Sunday the Austrian Ranking event was run in Haiming another very technical area. I started in W21 short and rolled up the field from behind :-) as lots of the competitiors had big problems. I had a good run with only a few minor mistakes. With only 2 more ranking events to come at the beginning of October I lead the ranking with only 7 points ahead of my clubmate Julia. It will be an exciting finish - especially as one of the last events is a night event, which I really dont' like ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine

Tough looking O map. We've got the SA champs this weekend on a new map near Theewaterskloof. Mapped by Per Samuelson, so it should be good. But with only running about 5 or 6 races per year I am now making silly mistakes all the time, but hopefully I will have a good one this weekend.

Good luck coping with work, Hanna and Richard all at the same time :-)