….as I left Zurich, knowing that it would be my last departure for a while. It has been an exceptional 13 weeks since I started out and I’ve gained some really good friends in those far away mountains of Switzerland. The work was fun, it was challenging and in the end I was able to achieve the goal I set out to reach when I started.
So to all my friends and colleagues in Zurich, thanks for a great time. I wish you well in the next few weeks as your (no longer mine) deadline gets closer and that you all achieve that goal that we set out to achieve earlier this year. Good luck.
Of course I’m getting out of Switzerland at exactly the right time, as the franc finally starts to lose its strength against the euro. It was a long time coming to be honest, but judging by the number of companies that are starting to get difficulties it’s not a second to soon. Hopefully I can come back later and buy myself that watch I always wanted – with some chocolate of course.
Other than that I’m looking forward to some family time over this weekend (it’s a long one as Monday is a public holiday) and also to having some time to get on my bike and into the mountains for the last few weeks of summer. An old friend of mine is coming to visit on Saturday, and we will also be meeting up with the Gasselsbergers for a braai at some stage.
Only bummer is that I need to go to work tomorrow – oh well – I’ll just have to grin and bear it.
Wishing you all a enjoyable day,
Richard.
No comments:
Post a Comment