Some might think that on a long break from work one might get bored, certainly not me. The kids, maybe ... They are on their 5th week away from kindergarten and showing some withdrawal symptoms. Hanna and Marc certainly fight a bit more than usual. Yesterday morning I left them alone in the flat for 10 minutes while taking Aisha for a walk. When leaving I wasn't quite sure if I would see them both alive when I came back. However when I got back they were the best of friends, very proud of the fact that they managed on their own with Hanna helping Marc going to the bathroom. Maybe they should be left alone more often ;-).
So what are we doing to keep ourselves busy? Whenever the weather allows it, we are at the lake. If not, we still try and go outside as much as we can. On Wednesday I took the kids for a hike in "our mountains". We walked for almost 2 hours without one word of complaint and made it almost to the very top of the "Stoawandl". Which I figure is quite impressive for a 3 and 5 year old. When the weather is horrible unusual measures have to be taken, like going to Ikea so that the kids can get rid of some energy playing in the Ikea "kindergarten".
As for me I have been ticking off a few things on my "to-do-list" over the last couple of weeks, which have been mainly boring household chores. Other than that I have been trying to get fit again. It looks like we will start at the Austrian Relay Championships at the middle of September, we being Andrea, Lucie and I - and we are all mother to 2 kids. In the late 90's and early 2000's, before we all started to have kids, we won more than a couple of Relay Championships. Now that we are all a bit older and less fit we will try and challenge the younger, fitter girls. I am looking forward to that ... Let's see what we can do!
Keep well!
No comments:
Post a Comment