Monday, January 08, 2007

Me, my marmite roll and aija

Well hallo folks,

Can you believe it, my first Christmas has come and gone - wow! I got so many gifts from Mom and Dad and Omi and Opi - it was really great. Mom and Dad had to help me with the unwrapping of them, but by the time Dad's birthday came round I was getting really good at it and even helped him unwrap his present (which I helped mom choose).

So what has been happening? Well the days are just packed :) I normally get mom up at around 6 am for a little drink and then she always brings me to back to bed with her for a little cuddle, which I really love. I like to get up then about 8, when we take Aija for a walk. Afterwards is breakfast - this is a picture with me and my marmite roll - and then its walking and playing time. Sometimes a around mid morning I take a little nap (and sometimes not). Lunch at about 1, with lots of walking playing time in between :)

The afternoons are a lot of fun. Sometimes we take Aija for a walk, sometimes we visit with my friends (like Simon, who was 1 last week) or Omi and sometimes we just stay at home and play with Mom (Dad is always sitting at his computer).

We have a little bit to eat around half past 4 and then it's time for a little tele, more playing, Aija walk, chatting to the girls from next door. We hit the bath around half past 7 and then mom gives us some milk to drink and bed time seems to drift in at about 8pm. I'm getting very good now, I tend to sleep right through these days. Not bad for 10 months hey!

Oh yes, and not to forget - all I wanted for Christmas was my two front teeth and it seems that Father Christmas was very generous and I currently have 4 (four) coming out at the same time, which can be quite painful at times. Mom and Dad are so happy!

Other things that Mom and Dad get excited about are the fact that I am standing (and almost) walking on my own now! I get 3 or 4 steps before I fall over, but somebody always seems to catch me, but I still seem to hit my head a lot and have many small bruises all over. Additionally I am growing and growing - wow - in the last 2 months I have shot up by almost 10 cm and put on more than 1,5 kg! And I eat lots these days :)

And I'm starting to say things - I can call my sister with the big tongue (Aija) and although she never comes, Mom and Dad seem to know what I'm talking about. Mama and Dada are coming more regularly now, but I just haven't got to grips with that yet - I'm working on it. Anyway, I wanted to wish everybody a very nice New Year and good luck for 2007 (whatever that is) - I'll keep in touch.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aija is of course Aisha!

naomi said...

man!!!!!! she is saying words??? and i'm in norway :( hmpf! can u maybe record it for me rich? at least i want a show when i'm in austrian february, k?

Anonymous said...

Is that a little red hair I see there? I always thought it was going to be a little reddy. She is adorable - good to see that Richard is getting Hanna addicted to a condiment she can't buy in Austria (I'll put some in my care package). I'm very impressed though - Hanna continues to be very sophisticated! :-)