Saturday, January 13, 2007

The family run

Well today we finally did it! Although we are in the middle of January, we are having daytime temperatures of around 10 - 12 degrees (as comparison, at this time last year we had -25 degrees), so I suggested to Christine that we go for a family run, and she was really for it!

So we got our kit out, got Hanna all kitted up, saddled up the pram and went of on our little loop round the back of the Golf course. When we hit the hills, I attached Aishas' lead to the pram and she helped me with the pulling work, which is not actually so easy - I had started to struggled by the time we hit the top of the hill.

Once we hit the flat again, we let Aisha run free and had a beautiful run back home. It was a great idea and was enjoyed by all of us, even Hanna who slept almost the entire way round. And just to cap it off, we were able to overtake a tractor pulling a trailer on the uphills!

Here you can see the route!


Here you can see the photos!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you guys are got as a family, that is nice to see... With Dawn been a little injured she hasn't been running this year, but cycling every moning, and then on Wednesday mornings I join her. we just do an hour. then Thursday morning while I was out running she joined me on the bike. would you believe it Dawn will be doing her 9th Argus cycle tour, while it will be my 13th, and I still haven't ever done any training!!!

Dawn did start running on the 18th after her cycle, but she just did 2km in the Green Belt this the "babies".

dion

Anonymous said...

Rich.... you need to update the site! For those of us NOT in Austria, we need new pics. Particularly of the birthday. Walking etc! Pretty please...