Friday, June 16, 2006

huh - what's this doing here in Salzburg ...

Hi,

really long time, no post - sorry things have been hectic for a while, but I'm finally getting life a bit sorted and have found the time to put out a quick post. I'll be posting some more information about what I have been up to soon, but here is a funny story for you!

I have been helping a friend with his computer setup since the beginning of the year. Like myself, he is an avid runner, and because he found himself with some free time during the first half of this year, and I hadn't stopped talking about how great the 2 Oceans was as a race - he decided to give it a bash and traveled to SA during Easter to take part.

Needless to say he had a really great time, cut very short (unfortunately) by the untimely death of Nic (much more unfortunately) and did a great time of around 4hrs 40 min on the minimum of training - I was most impressed.

And here comes the strange part, I go to his place to install some new software, and look at what I find as one of his favourite pictures.....
What the heck..... 3 buddies all in the same picture (Dion, can you please send this link to Stefan and Roger) - And it's a really good picture too! Where's the cart Dion?

Man, small world!
oh well, keep healthy,
Richard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK so you are going to have to tell me about the picture... Yes I was a bit silly and I decided to put on Top Hat and tails!!! No I was man alone without a pub, but I had no worries about the race, so I decided to run for fun. Both Roger and Stef like the picture, so is your friend also in the photo, or what? How did he come to get it, did his wife or some-one tack it for him as they were on the side of the road?
Since Oceans I've done a bit of training and am now looking forward to Knysna, remember 10years ago... (the story lifes on)