Finally, this last week Hanna got to meet her South African grandparents. Alison flew in on the 26th of May and John on the 1st of June and they stayed with us until the 6th of June. I must say it was great to have grandparents around 24/7 - didn't matter whether I quickly went for a walk with Aisha or was cooking supper - there was always somebody to look after Hanna. She certainly enjoyed their company and thanked them with lots of smiles! Unfortunately the weather was terrible in the last 2 weeks so we were bound to be lazy and to shop :-). However we used the few hours were it actually didn't rain for outdoor activities :-):
John and Richard ran a 10km road race on the 4th of June. The course was very flat and runs along the river Salzach. John ran a new PB and Richard lost the internal competition between the 2 Müller sisters' boyfriend / husband ;-). If you are interested in detailed results have a look at http://www.lac-salzburg.at/dult06.htm.
On Monday, which was a public holiday here in Austria, we went to an open air museum to look at farms and craftsmen. We enjoyed walking through the park and looking at the 200 - 300 year old buildings. Have a closer look at http://www.freilichtmuseum.com/index.php?sitelang=en.
Well, that was it for now!
Hope you have a great day!
Christine
2 comments:
HI guys, I know I should have writen more a long time ago, but this thing they call work keeps getting in the way!!!! we phoned Alison before she left to wosh her well on the flight and all, she was really excited, I thing she was looking forward to playing Granny for real... John on the other hand has been running up a storm and it cames as no surprise to me that he's running PB's. Richard it's good to see that you are getting faster with every every race. I hope to see you breaking 90 in your next half!!!
As for me I can't seem to get the speed of 10 years ago back. I'm training hard for Knysna, I'm hoping to run a fast marathon. I'll let you know how it goes.
Keep well
DION
Well, never mind Dion's apparent lack of speed, for he cruised to his second Table Mountain Race win the other day. Although perhaps someone gave him a 5min headstart to have won by such a long way!
Unfortunately I was unable to run the TM race (otherwise D may have got another second place) as I was organising the WC orienteering champs out in Elgin. Lovely weekend, lovely forest, and everyone had a really good time. Which is more than I can say for my running this past weekend up at Pelindaba in Gauteng. I was just too slow over the terrain, which was rocks, rocks, rocks, thorns, thorns and rocks. Lots of tripping, falling and scratching. And frustrating.
Post a Comment