So if you leave things to handle themselves, something is always bound to pop up! And so it was that I arrived home rather late from lectures (teaching english, not University) on Thursday 18th of May and sat down in front of the computer to check my mails, when my a old friend of Chris called on Skype! He had an opportunity that he wanted me to check out and could I meet him for lunch the next day - sure no problem for me I say!
I met him for lunch on Friday where he explained what his company (Research Studios Austria) was doing, and offered me a position doing something I have been doing at WSI, only this time with a stable income. I wasn't really sure but he dragged me back to the office to have a meeting with the boss. And the boss was as good as Chris's word - the job was mine if I wanted it. Catch was that I had to start on the 1st of June. I said I would think about it over the weekend.
We had the follow up meeting on Monday, where I agreed to start on the 1st June, but only 50 % job as I still had to finish many Berlitz Lectures and didn't want to leave them in a tight spot. Anyway, once I said "Yes" the ball hit full momentum. Such as, the boss phoned then Wednesday 24th and asked if I could fly to Kuwait on Friday the 26th - hhmmm, this was moving fast and would be seriously inconvenient as Mom was arriving Friday, Lucie and Thomas were getting married on Sat and the Austrian Mountain Racing Championships were on Sunday, were I was running as part of our team!

Although seriously inconvenient, but wanting to impress, Christine and I decided that I should go, and so I spent Fri and Sat in Kuwait, and many hours in the plane and airport. After that I have been working there in a part time capacity, although I am doing very many hours - even with the lectures from Berlitz.So that is the story about how I got into RSA. I expect that it will be a excellent job, quite similar to Consol, with lots of travel around the world. Not quite sure how I will fit this in with having a new baby, but we will just have to try it and see. Next week I'm off to Kuwait again, and I'll try to drop in a post before then.
1 comment:
We heard about your trip from your folks before they left, and we hope your new job works out well, but have fun and enjoy it... My job is never changing, and I've now got 15 years service!!! it's time to retire...
Post a Comment