Monday, June 27, 2011

The long awaited update!

Well, it has been awhile since I last posted on our blog. And I’m sure that the large portion of people who read it in the past don’t look here anymore. I’m sorry about that. Having a full family, a job that wasn’t going so well and health problems just lead to the natural conclusion that some things had to give, and the blog was one of them.

To be honest, things have settled down a bit since 2008 when Marc appeared on the scene. Although my job in Salzburg is hard going, I have taken on a second job to help pay the bills so to speak, and find myself travelling to Zurich every week on the train.  I do my best to work during this time, but I also find that I have time to read and reply to correspondence from friends and family as well, and time to spend 30 minutes writing my blog….

To be honest, I’m not really sure how much time I will get but I will try to add to the Eurogathers a little more timeously in the future.

SO…… where are we?

Our last entry was around Sept 09. Since then we have had no additions to the family J All have continued to grow like bean sprouts and Hanna (now 5) and Marc (3) are a constant source of joy to both Christine and I. Hanna will be finishing her 2 year in kindergarten soon, and Marc will be leaving our day – care mother (Veronika) in the summer. We will be sad to see her go as she has been the life saver we have needed on various occasions and has been truly fantastic for both our kids, but they grow up and move on and before you know it they are married and living in another country! Marc will be starting Kindergarten with Hanna then in the fall.

Christine is well, working away at school like a Trojan! She will be starting her 6th year of teaching this coming year and will helping to fill a spot left by Leo (my father-in-law) who has decided to go into Pension. That leaves 2 grandparents close by who will be on pension from the summer. I hope I will be able to handle that *grin*! Aisha as well has been great – with the kids, with the neighbours, with just about everything. Unfortunately she is feeling her age and running is becoming a bit harder for the poor old lady, we have already had one hip problem, and she is definitely favouring her left side. It doesn’t seem to affect her too much, but time will tell.

As for me, well I’ve taken on a slightly rounded shape due to the fact that I hardly run at all anymore. Work has been extremely stressful since around mid-2008, and is finally coming round.  I have been steadily building up my customer base, but it is still not enough to live from so I have taken a second job, working in my first love (IT) for a large bank in Switzerland. I travel to Zurich on Mondays and home on Wednesday and then spend Thursday and Friday in the office in Salzburg. So far (after 2 months) this has been working very well, and I hope it will continue.

As for running well what can I say? Since my Ankle injury in April of 10 I really haven’t been running at all. I’ve slipped up to 85 kg’s since summer last year and am trying to get myself back to jogging occasionally. Added to this, I am still having back troubles (very acute in January through April) and running has “almost” become a chore. After numerous doctors and physios I am finally seeing the end of my back troubles, and one of my new work colleagues drags me out to run every day after work, so maybe I’ll be able to run a bit in Summer – I hope so and I hope to lose a few kgs as well.

So that’s all for now guys, don’t want to spoil you with too much information for the moment, hope to keep up on the writing for a while at least!

Good morning to you all, on a beautiful sunny morning while riding on a train through the magnificent landscape that is the Tyrol valley,

Richard.

P.S: Foto's will follow shortly.

1 comment:

coach dion said...

OK so I'm back home and looking at Google Reader to see how many blogs I need to read to catch up with... (135) and to of the postings are from you... good to have you back.