Late last night we returned from a weekend in Venice. As usual we had a great time and also Hanna seemed to have enjoyed herself. We left Henndorf on Friday early afternoon and arrived in Mestre just in time to have a nice italian dinner. Mestre is an industrial town on the mainland just opposite Venice. After a late breakfast on Saturday we took the train to Venice. It took us about 10 minutes and as trains are leaving every couple of minutes it is very convinient. We spent the day in the old city, just walking around, having coffees and enjoying the relatively warm weather.Yesterday was the orienteering event and just in time for the start the
sun came out. Richard and I both had relatively early start times and still the narrow roads where very crouded in some places and we had to slow down quite a lot. Nevertheless I had a good run and even after studying the map again and again I think I made the correct route choices. I even managed to run quite fast in the beginning - well at least it felt fast - however it felt like I was slowing down the longer the race took. However that was also a result of the way the course was set - the beginning was technically easy and the last 2/3 were very tricky! Of course I was very pleased to learn that I actually won! My first win in Venice! The drive back was not as long as expected but meeting the snow north of the Alps was a bit of a shock after having drunk our coffee in the sun at 4 o'clock in the afternoon :-).I hope you guys also had a great weekend!
Christine
2 comments:
Hey Christine! Congratulations on winning in Venice. I'm lank impressed. Hanna is going to have some big shoes to fill one day!!!! Lots of love. Michael
Thanks Michael!
Post a Comment