Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Carrots are for bunnies, not babies!

"What, lunch is ready?"

Can you believe it, I was lying peacefully on my play blanket when Dad came to get me for "Lunch". Up until now lunch (well eating in general) had been a fairly straight forward exercise for me I must admit, so I was looking forward to grabbing hold of that soft pink thing that Mom carries round with her, and giving it a good old suck. In fact as I was actually really hungry, I was even doing a bit of a slobber, which of course, is nothing unusual, but today I had to wait extra long.

Everybody seemed so excited, the camera was out and Mom was running around like a manic, saying something about hot / cold and using microwaves (hmm, another word I need to find out about). This did strike me as a bit odd, as normally Mom is doing the holding (not Dad), and she is always sitting, so I wasn't in a panic, but I was getting a bit worried. I didn't like the way things were unfolding. Additionally, I was getting even more hungry.

"What the heck ???????"

And then it happened - imagine my surprise when "bang" Dad stuck some funny weird tasting goo in my mouth! Well I never! What a cheek. Being of course a well brought up girl, I thought it best to swallow before protesting my ill treatment, but as soon as I had swallowed, and got my mouth open to protest, Dad whacked in another lot of goo. It was very undignified, but I felt I needed to say something soon, so hoping to get the jump on him, I just spat it out, got ready to protest again, and bang, there was another lot of goo in my mouth.

Hanna : No more, pleaseeeeeee

Dad : Just one more spoon

Mom : What a mess.

I was beside myself, well actually, Mom was beside me and taken photo's, so I couldn't talk to her about it, Opa was laughing and not much help, Dad had this weird concentrated look on his face and wasn't listening, not even Aisha seemed to be concerned, actually she seemed quite interested in what was going on. So I had one option, and I used it - scream - high volume - long time.

"Waaaaaaaaaaa"

It took five times of goo before I could get a word out, and then Dad seemed to relent, gave me a bit of the clean up with the gob wiper and handed me to Mom (thank the stars) and I was mercifully given the pink thing to suck on - which I did with huge gulps.

In the meantime I have found out that the goo is carrots (who cares - still tastes horrible) and now I have to have at least 10 (spoonfuls) of this stuff before I get offered the pink thing. If I had a choice, I'd take the pink thing any day :)

So love to you all, my fingers are tired, it's way past my bedtime, and surprise surprise - I'm hungry,
Hanna.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rich - Gavin and I laughed loads at this! Hanna really writes very well!!!

Anonymous said...

Rich - Hanna is starting to look like you. It's that big eyed look! With the slightly sideways mouth! She's still cute though!

Unknown said...

Thanks Chops! Now we know that she'll also win beauty contests :)
R.