This post is mainly for the athlete's out there :)
I headed to the track today in the pouring rain to do some 1500m intervals, with a 90s break. I wasn't feeling so great but I just wanted to get some more speed work done. After warming up with a 6:15 then 6:10 and 6:05 I was hoping to break the 6 min barrier for the remaining 5. Things were looking up with a 5:56 followed by a 5:54. Then things started to happen - a 5:48 followed by a 5:37 and I finshed off with a 5:24.
So that was the training - not bad, just I can't seem to put it together during a race. After some serious thought I think I might have to give the Salzburg Marathon a skip, the last 4 weeks I have only managed an average of 30 km - not really enough for a marathon - later in the year maybe!
So to all of you running the 2 oceans on the weekend - lots of luck - don't break any legs!
Richard.
1 comment:
Hi there,
In the pouring rain!!! something we havn't see in weeks or even months!!! So the speed is there even if the distance isn't, maybe you aim at the half and give 90 a crack. Thanks for the surport for Oceans, 56km is a long way, but it should (note I say "should") be easy to run get to the marathon mark in 2h48, it's the last 14km that is a different story...
I've entered Knysna Marathon, do you know it's 10 years since I won the race and I thought I should go back and race it again. I'll be aiming at a top 5 (granted I can train!!!)
Have a great Easter Weekend.
DION DAWN and the Puppies!!!!
Post a Comment