Friday, July 29, 2022

4 days and 7 seconds

O-Ringen day 4 dawned bright and hot. Perfect weather, and we wanted it to be perfect results as well. As the start arena was quite close and there was no convenient way to get there, Vince and I drove the family to the start arena, drove back to the house and then cycled to the arena. It worked quite well but once we got there the next problem was finding the troop, which we did do in the end.

Things were hotting up in the OLG N+O troop as there were 2 or 3 people up to be in the chasing start, provided their runs were good. The girls had the earliest start and had already left by the time I got to the team area. The rest trundled in over the next 15 minutes or so.

Koni was first back, breaking into the top 70 to be 70th. Great run and well done. Koni has improved every day this week. Next into the finish was myself, a solid run with a small mistake was enough to propel me into the top 50 for the first time this week and 49th place. I was followed closely by Aline, who continued her string of good results, finishing 25th and claiming her spot in the chasing start. Christine was not far behind, not her strongest showing today in 84th place but it was more than good enough however to secure our second spot in the chasing start.

Barbara was next, who had her best run of the week, and smashed into the top 100, finishing 77th. Well done. Anne came into the finish in 18th place and then had the audacity to complain about the "easy" course. Andrea popped up looking fresh. She bagged her second top 50 result of the week with a 46th place. I didn't see Heather finish but her result of 73rd place and her best result this week took her ahead of Hanna, who finished in 109th place. They will start 90s apart tomorrow, so it will be a very interesting race. Eábha didn't want to be left out and had her PB of the week as well in 115th place.


I was at the fence to see Klaus come charging down the finish straight to finish in 124th place. Unfortunately I failed to see Vince directly behind him, who also had a PB in 23rd place. Darrell had a stormer today and finished 13th. It must be said that a certain swiss ex-world champion called Tom came flying past him at control 6, and Darrell dug in to hang on to his coat tails until the end of the race, pipping Tom in the finish sprint. I should mention that Tom went on to win the course. Great result Darrell.

At this stage people were coming down the final sprint one after the other. Aidan ran past me on his way to 125th place and Marc (who came down a lot later, poor guy was one of the last to start today) had a good run to finish 116th. They will start just 75s apart tomorrow and have already promised a blood duel to the death. I am interested to see how that turns out. I only saw the back of Käthi running down the finish shoot as she was spectacularly fast, jumping in the results 74 places to finish 44th. Great run Käthi. Raphi was not far behind, redeeming himself after yesterday (apparently he showered 40 times) to finish 79th. I did not see Ciro finish today but he was in in a steady 69th place. Alison wasn't sprinting down the finish track but frantically waving at Darrell (which didn't help at all) to finish in 45th place and claim a spot in tomorrows chasing start. Great going Ali.


So there were almost all personal best results today in the OLG N+O course. Aline and Christine are in the chasing start, so well done for that and good luck tomorrow. The 3 girls and 2 boys all start very closely together and will provide us with an interesting result.

And the 7 seconds. Ja well no fine, I managed to miss the chasing start by just 7 seconds. This means I will start at the allotted time as the first of the rest. It will not be fun.

No comments: