Today we did one of our family excursions. The weather is absolutely fabulous at the moment, however autumn is coming, so we decided agains going to the lake. Instead we went for a hike up the Stoawandl, which is one of the peaks behind Henndorf. I don't dare to call it a mountain - but it is definitely a bit higher than a hill (about 1.000m above sea). The walk is through the forest on little pathes and partly on forest roads. I carried Marc in his Baby Björn (8kg) and Richard was responsible for Hanna (13,5kg). We were hoping that she would walk quite a bit, the rest of the time, well, Richard had to carry her. Hanna actually walked quite a bit on the way up - much further than we thought she would. For those who know the area - she walked until we hit the 2nd forest road. On the way down she got tired and Richard had to carry her most of the time. We all had a really great time and with all that extra weight that had to be carried :-), we also had a good excercise. It was great fun and reminded us of the days when we used to run our Sunday long runs regulary in this forest.
Other than that there is not too much exciting things happending here. Richard painted our passage and did an excellent job. Hanna and I enjoyed a couple of days on the lake and I am trying to go for a run every now and then (I normally manage once or twice a week). On a morning run this week I noticed the first yellow leaves on the fields and realised that autumn has arrived. I really love that time of the year!
Have a great day!
Christine
1 comment:
Yes here in Cape Town the first signs of summer or in the air, and we hope to be doing a bit of mountain walking with the dogs!!!
Dion
Post a Comment