The last week was decidedly rainy here in Henndorf - no July weather in any case! Anybody who has dealt with children before, knows that after a day or two at home with very little to no possibility to run, jump and fall, these little ones get very frustrated and start to drive their parents mad. With Hanna's "Tagesmutter" (daymum) and friends on holiday or sick, we were pretty much on our own to entertain ourselves. In a way that was good, as I started to do a very close research on what was happening for children in and around Salzburg. And that is how I found out about "
The English Centre". The Centre offers a

whole lot of activities for adults and children - also during summer holidays. The best thing about it is that everything is in English. I was looking for a similar possibility since weeks, as I want Hanna to be exposed to other people - and especially children - talking English. I believe that children learn best from their young fellows. So we have been there twice last week. We went to see the puppet show on Tuesday and to the Saturday Morning Stories. Hanna enjoyed it immensely and I think from now on we will be regular visitors to The English Centre.
This picture was taken at about 6 o'clock in the morning - Hanna's preferred waking up time - and therefore my time (and often Marc's) to start the day. First thing we do so early in the morning is have milk (Hanna) and a cup of tea on the couch and a good morning cuddle!
Have a good and hopefully not too early start into the next week!
Christine
P.S.: The weather is improving ...
2 comments:
Thanks for the news. It's also been raining down here, but then it's winter so I guess it's supposed to.
Hope that the rest of the holidays are fun.
Hey Christine!
What an awesome photo! Totally love it. I received my thank you card today - thanks for that. Was awesome to see Marc although I must say I was slightly disappointed not to have received a few photo's of my favourite niece to!!! The English centre sounds awesome - looking forward to long conversations with Hanna in the near future.
Lots of love.
Mikey
Post a Comment