Yes, sorry to say today I must start this entry with some bad news. As some of you might know poor little Marc had to go into hospital this morning for an operation on an Anal Fistula, which is essentially a boil close to his anus, caused by a blocked tube between his intestine and his skin. Yesterday it was fine, we didn't see anything, but after a hard night, in the morning the boil broke through to the skin and we were concerned.I was able to drain it myself, but Christine still wanted to take Marc to the hospital to get it checked out. Thank goodness. They were able to diagnose the problem straight away and Marc was booked for an op at 12 noon. In the end the op. only started at 14h00, but then after 45 minutes the good news. Everything ok. The boil was properly opened and drained (it extended almost 1,5 cm into the body cavity), everything was cleaned and he was returned to the room still asleep at 14h45.
He (and of course Christine) have to stay in the hospital for the next few days, so that they can keep an eye on it and ensure that it stays clean (the boil). He was awake after 2 hours but had not eaten before I had to leave to get Hanna from Omi and Opi. He was obviously in some discomfort, but fell asleep again just as I was leaving. I'll give you some more news tomorrow when I know it.
22:44 - quick update from Christine. Marc is doing fine and eating properly again :)
2 comments:
Glad the op went well & wishing Marc a speedy recovery. Thinking of you guys.
Sorry to hear about that, but it's good to hear all went well. We'll keep Marc in our prayers this week. Poor little boy... All the best to you guys from Cape Town. Dion & Dawn
Post a Comment