Last week Friday was a public holiday in Austria and as orienteerers like to use every opportunity to race we did so. The Salzburg Sprint Championships were held in Hallein, south of Salzburg. Every competitor had to race twice. In the morning I was still contemplating about running, as my belly is getting decidedly bigger and also because I actually haven't done any exercise since 5 weeks - except for pushing the pram and carrying Hanna, shopping bags and a dog into the 2nd floor ;-). I decided to run, however wanted to run slow and not overdo anything. A couple of weeks ago I read an interview with Paula Radcliff in which she claims, that every pregnant woman can run but should make sure that she is not running over 80% of her maximum speed. So I was wobbling along wondering how fast 80% of my maximum speed is. And I must admit I enjoyed my wobble :-)! Only my running tights felt a bit tight around my belly! The next speed wobble will take place in Venice on the 11th of November, where we will spend a weekend trying to catch the last warm sun rays of the year!
Here a photo of how Richard is trying to stay fit:

Have a good day!
Christine
No comments:
Post a Comment