Just a few infos: In july we went on a well needed holiday - whether it was well deserved, I dont'know ... . We packed our car with dog, baby and camping equipment and started our trip to Bordeaux / France. We underestimated the distance and it was 2 very long days in the car until we finally reached Carcans on the Atlantic Ocean. The first five days we spent orienteering (French 5-days). The terrain was very interesting but quite hard to run (sandy ground). I was surprised that I actually managed to compete quite well for 4 days in the row - after not training / running in the last months, except for the austrian orienteering events. However on the last day it was just to hot for me and I guess 4 days of running in sand doesn't really make you fresh and ready ...
The week after we just stayed on the camp site and enjoyed the luxury of being lazy. We made a one-day-trip into the wine-growing-area. It was nice to visit all these "chateaux" but Hanna didn't enjoy the cheese we had for our picnic lunch and repeated it our into her car seat on the way back. I have to say that it was dutch cheese - that was the punishment for eating dutch cheese in France :-). Well, that was our last try of sightseeing on our holiday!
On the way back we stayed 2 nights in a mountain village close to Mont Blanc. The Hotel was situated right next to a very small lake. The scenery there was wonderful - a great end to our holiday!
Here is one of our most favourite photos from the trip:
Have a great day! Check again soon, we will try and update on a more regular basis :-)!
Christine
No comments:
Post a Comment